Since Research Centers of America’s highest priorities are the safety and health of our patients and employees, along with providing high quality clinical research as a CenExel Center of Excellence, we have established a COVID-19 Task Force with representatives from each Center. The Task Force is charged with continuous monitoring of the evolving situation and providing guidance and communication to our patients and employees to ensure their safety.
Although we have not seen a need to alter our clinical operations at this time, we are prepared to make necessary changes promptly if the need arises. We have also implemented the following measures:
- We enhanced screening of everyone entering our facility before they are admitted into our office or clinic areas.
- We reinforced internal communication regarding the COVID-19 situation, CDC and SHRM recommendations, digital team meetings, and the importance of using sick leave.
- We provided additional cleaning and disinfecting materials.
- Managers and leaders cross-trained employees and prepared for contingency plans if key staff need to stay home.
- We established a 14-day self-quarantine rule for any staff returning from a country with a Level 3 Travel Health Notice from the CDC.
We will continue to monitor the current situation, coordinate with the proper authorities, and update our policies and procedures as needed to ensure the safety of our patients and employees.